The Horch plants (Zwickau) were responsible for the production of the heavy cross-country standard vehicle. It was given the name Horch 108. 8135 specimens in five different designs were produced between 1937 and 1942, including 1901 units of the Type EG from the Ford factories (Cologne). Up to 8 men could drive along. The 108 was used as combat vehicle (Kfz. 18), heavy personnnel transporter (Kfz. 21) and as artillery tractor for light guns.