The Sexton was a World War II self-propelled gun built in Canada for the British Army and based on the nearly identical American Priest. In 1943 the Sexton went into production, adapted to British wishes. About 2150 examples were built.
During the war, the Sexton was primarily used as a field gun, in support of the panzer divisions in Northwest Europe and North Africa. The Sexton was also deployed after the Normandy landings in 1944 and remained in service until shortly after the war.